A story that begins in 1234
An old farmhouse, but above all a valley, which echoes in the history of Santa Vittoria d'Alba
The name "Val di Spinso" has always accompanied the history of Santa Vittoria d'Alba, with origins that go back to Roman times, as can be deduced from findings from the last century.
It is understandable how that plot of land already enticed at the time: protected by a natural amphitheater of hills, near a spring and next to the ancient road that connected Asti and Pollenzo, it was in an enviable position in which to take root.
The first written document dates back to 1234 and refers to the sale of an "arable land" in the "Valle de Spins", a land passed from hand to hand between the great families of the area in the years to come.
The transition to residential land came in 1570, when Giovanni Francesco Romagnano had a farmhouse built there, which in 1589 his brother Giovanni Lodovico sold to the notary Pietro Paruzza di Montaldo for a thousand scudi.
Starting from 1838, Valdispinso became royal property in the hands of King Carlo Alberto of Savoy, together with the castle of Santa Vittoria d'Alba.
This illustrious owner was responsible for the restructuring of the farmhouse, which took place in 1849, with which the estate's winemaking process was also started, perpetuated to the point of making it one of the leading agricultural realities of the Langhe and Roero.
The lodgings and rooms are named after some wines from the area, and vary in price and size
The interiors retain the typical style of an old farmhouse, furnished with elegant 19th century furniture.
A large common kitchen and a living room with fireplace are at guests’ disposal; in the shared outdoor spaces you can enjoy a seasonal swimming pool, a Barolo barrel sauna, and an outdoor cooking corner with barbecue and wood-burning oven.
Double rooms: Arneis and Barbera
Ideal for couples, the two independent rooms consist of double beds and private bathrooms.
The accommodation can host up to 4 people and is composed as follows: a large double bedroom with coffered ceiling, living room with double sofa bed and kitchenette, bathroom.
Comfortable apartment for 4/5 people with living room with sofa bed, kitchen, mezzanine with two single beds and a double bedroom.
Accommodation for 5 people facing the swimming pool with on the ground floor kitchen, living room with sofa bed and toilet. Upstairs double bedroom and bedroom with three single beds. External porch with table and barbecue.
Pool front accommodation with outdoor porch equipped with a table for outdoor dining. On the ground floor a kitchen with a double sofa bed and a bathroom. Upstairs a double bedroom with private bathroom.
Cycle tourism enthusiasts can rent some mountain bikes at the farmhouse, while those who want an unforgettable experience cannot miss the balloon flight.
The Valdispinso farm completes its offer with 5 representative labels of the best Roero wines
- Moscato d'Asti Santa Vittoria d'Alba
- Moscato Bianco, a vine already known in Roman times, has been linked to the toponyms of Santa Vittoria d’Alba since late medieval times. In 2011 the "Asti" disciplinary awards this wine tradition with the "Santa Vittoria d’Alba sub-area", in view of the particular organoleptic qualities expressed by the wine of these hills. In 2016 the mayor proposes an initiative to further promote this wine: all the bottlers use the same label, as a symbol of this "treasure".
The typical wines of these hills are produced in 7 hectares of vineyards, respecting the land and the Roero wine tradition.
Guests interested in learning more about the Langhe food and wine culture are allowed, upon reservation, to visit the historic cellars and taste the company’s wines accompanied by local cheeses and meats.
There are 3 red wines in the cellar: Barbera d’Alba DOC, Segreto and Spirito Rosso.
The Barbera, with an intense and purple color, spends a period of 8 months in barrel and a further 4 of refinement in the bottle; the result is a broad scent and a warm, harmonious and generous palate.
The Segreto comes from the selection of the best Barbera vineyards. This process makes it stand out for the breadth of its scent, with notes of plum, blackberry and spices.
The Spirito Rosso is a pure Nebbiolo wine, harmonious, elegant and decidedly dry. It is an ideal match for truffles, game and cheeses.
The rosé and the white
The production is completed by a rosé wine from Nebbiolo grapes, Rosa Vittoria, and a Roero Arneis DOCG.
Both to be served cold from the fridge, they are ideal for aperitifs or with fish.
Prices & Services
Stay in a historic Savoy farmhouse
- ARNEIS DOUBLE ROOM: independent room with private bathroom
- BARBERA DOUBLE ROOM: independent room with private bathroom
- ROERO MINI-APARTMENT: double bedroom with coffered ceiling, living room with double sofa bed and kitchenette, bathroom
- NEBBIOLO APARTMENT: living room, kitchen, mezzanine with two single beds and a double bedroom
- FAVORITA APARTMENT: double bedroom, kitchen, bedroom with three single beds, bathroom with shower upstairs
- MOSCATO APARTMENT: kitchen with double sofa bed and a bathroom. Upstairs a double bedroom with private bathroom
Kids Games / Playground
Visa / Cartasi
ATM / Bancomat